CARDET is the largest independent, non-profit research and development organisation in Cyprus with a strong presence in Europe and the region. If you want to have an impact and are interested in working for a purpose driven organisation, we would like to hear from you as we expand our team with new opportunities.
CARDET is interested in hiring a creative Communication Officer to support its visibility and dissemination operations. For this position, the Centre is looking to employ a high calibre individual who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Greek and English with strong writing skills in both languages
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Proofreading and editorial skills with a good eye for detail
- Resilience and agility
- Good time management skills
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Organizational skills, with the capacity to prioritize and work across multiple projects
- Creative mind, partnered with problem solving ability
- Interest in topics related to SDGs, education, inclusion, social justice and innovation
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role
- Promote the work of the Centre and its partners
- Develop and implement communication plans, social media promotions and digital campaigns
- Support the implementation of a Web/Online presence strategy
- Develop compelling content across all of the Centre’s channels including its website, blogs, video, social media, email communication, search engine rankings, and newsletters
- Support projects to communicate effectively with stakeholders – including campaigns, events and dissemination reports
- Write and edit articles
- Manage and update CARDET’s and partners’ social media accounts
- Use of measurable analytics to adjust strategies and make decisions
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance, using tools like google analytics
- Prepare and deliver project presentations
- Write engaging content for a variety of audiences
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and best practices in communication and social media
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Digital Marketing, or Public Relations
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a similar role
- Ability to create effective social media strategies and manage multiple social media accounts
- Knowledge of a graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or CANVA will be considered as an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge in any of the following domains:
- Social Media – Digital Marketing
- Communications and event planning
- Google Analytics, SEO and SEM
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
Interested individuals are kindly asked to complete an application form and submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter indicating their expertise and samples of their work (such as press releases, blog posts, social media posts) to the Hiring Committee by June 18, 2023, through the following here.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARDET is an HR Award winning, disability confident, employer of choice. We are committed to safeguarding and are against all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. To be considered for one of our positions, shortlisted applicants must complete a self- declaration form to confirm they have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal), provide the contact details of at least 2 work related referees and certificates of clear criminal records by the Cyprus Police and be willing to provide samples of their work (writing or other relevant work).